Our student trainees are the future of our workforce, and are key to helping us build a better world.
Caterpillar's Student Trainees have the opportunity to gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience, while working for a global leader in innovation, technology and manufacturing.
Opportunities are available primarily in the Peoria, IL area (with limited opportunities throughout the United Stated) in Accounting, Engineering, Information Technology and Clerical. Your interest, course of study and the availability of openings determine the possibilities.
Perks of the program include:
- Personal Development such as your personal brand and money management
- Facility tours that show you how iron is made and machines are produced
- Learning more about career opportunities available at Caterpillar
- Must be 16 years of age by start date
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding) or 3.0/4.0 depending on functional area
- Full time Junior/Senior in High School or Freshman/Sophomore at a community college within driving distance to the facility in which they will work
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
Student Trainees are well compensated with a competitive salary. Compensation is based on current grade level. Student Trainees can also take advantage of employee discounts on Caterpillar merchandise, cell phone service, computers and more.
Keeping You Here
When your assignment ends, there is a good chance that your connection with Caterpillar will continue. Many of our Student Trainees get infused with yellow blood and join Team Caterpillar either directly or joining us a Part Time Intern or Corporate Intern. Get to know us and choose the path that is right for you.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should check with their guidance counselor or career services about Caterpillar recruiting opportunities. To view a list of openings or to apply, submit your online application and resume through caterpillar.com/careers.