By joining Caterpillar, you’ll discover that working for a global leader creates endless career opportunities for you. Here you’ll find challenges that excite you and development opportunities to build a lifelong career.
At Caterpillar, you are part of a global team that helps each other succeed. We are a relationship-driven company and stay true to our values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment, and Sustainability.
A Caterpillar career is an opportunity to make an impact on your community and the world. Our customers are building the world’s infrastructure and couldn’t do it without the equipment, engines, technology, and services provided by our innovative team.
“Being a part of the Marketing Training Class equipped me with key relationships that I have leveraged for the past 20 years. These relationships are the fabric of my Caterpillar family."
- Jada, Customer Experience & Marketing Coverage Manager
”The Marketing Rep Development Program has given me opportunities to travel and work with people from all parts of the world. It’s a unique program that is preparing me for my future role."
- Adrian, Industrial Power Systems Service Rep
"My favorite part about being in this program is that every single day is exciting, fun and full of new experiences and challenges that will benefit me on my future role as a rep."
- Liz, Product Support Operations Service Rep
"One company, one career with many jobs. Good people and meaningful work."
- Jamaal, Construction & Digital Technology Sales Consultant
The Marketing Representative Development Program offers a number of different career paths focused on our dealers and our customers.
We approach marketing with a technical focus – helping to improve the value our customers receive from our products and services.
Our Field Reps serve as consultants between Caterpillar and members of the Cat® global dealer network – understanding product and market applications and facilitating sales and service support.
It’s an exciting career for those with technical and business degrees – offering opportunities to affect the overall Caterpillar organization through its worldwide dealers and customers.
It’s an opportunity for you to develop into an industry leader.
• Building foundational knowledge on all Cat products, services and solutions
• Professional and personal growth through business acumen, hands-on technical training, and philanthropic events
• Product Group
• Product Support
• Skills Development
• Team-building Activities
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Typically 2 field assignments (3-5 years each)*
• Partner with dealership to reach and exceed annual goals
• Provide training to dealer personnel on product value message, applications, and operational best practices
• Collect Voice of Dealer and Customer
• Understand how our customers define success and drive actions to provide sustainable solutions
• Various travel opportunities
* Can change Field Rep roles, if desired
• Dealer Development
• Rental & Used
• Product Quality
• Services Marketing
• Brand Expert
• Product Development
• Application Expert
• Parts Marketing
• Customer Experience