On this latest Caterpillar Podcast, Caterpillar Vice President Raymond Chan shares why he’s a true believer in continuous learning throughout his life and career, and the expectation of himself and others to be better tomorrow than yesterday. With his current responsibility for the Asia Pacific, CIS, Africa & Middle East (ACAM) Distribution Services Division, hear how Raymond’s early experiences prepared him for the unique challenges in these critical markets.
Listen to the podcast to hear more from Raymond Chan. Show highlights are listed in the program guide below.
Get the latest episodes of the podcast delivered to you by subscribing on your favorite podcast app – SoundCloud, iTunes or Google Play.
- 2:55 – Raymond realizes his “dream” early, and then gets bored.
- 4:50 – What led Raymond to his first Caterpillar job.
- 8:35 – Raymond learns people skills the hard way.
- 10:00 – If we open our mouth, we don’t learn anything.
- 11:35 – Raymond reveals the critical “secret” numbers important to the future.
- 13:00 – The power of the emerging middle class in ACAM countries.
- 19:40 – Raymond explains why there’s no such thing as Chinese food.
- 25:25 – Family is the most important thing.
- 26:26 – Living the philosophy of being better tomorrow than yesterday.
- 29:00 – Raymond learns not to be a problem reporter but a problem solver.
- 32:00 – The power of doing less with more.
Listen to or read about other episodes of The Caterpillar Podcast