It’s the most wonderful time of the year – and what better place to spend it than at The Doug Oberhelman Caterpillar Visitors Center! We have five reasons it’s a MUST for you, your family and friends to #visitcaterpillar this holiday season…
5. Go on a Holiday Shopping Spree – The Cat® Merchandise Center is located just inside the Caterpillar Visitors Center. You can get all of your holiday shopping done in one place! Scale models, Cat hats, toys and more for all the Cat enthusiasts in your life.
Also, bring this coupon to the Cat Merchandise Center and receive 40% off one item!
4. Experience the Holt Tracks Around the World – ever wonder how Caterpillar came up with its legendary name? The Caterpillar Visitors Center's new heritage exhibit, opening November 29, tells the story of how Benjamin Holt invented the first practical track-type tractor, established a factory in Peoria, and came up with the legendary name – Caterpillar.
3. Check out the Antique Equipment Expo – come enjoy the marvelous antique equipment expo that showcases some of our earliest track-type tractors. More than 100 years of history detailing Caterpillar’s past – under one roof!
2. Snap Your Holiday Photo with Our Festive Dozer – what’s better than a Cat® D6? A Cat D6 fully-decorated top to bottom in lights and holiday décor! The perfect photo opp for your holiday cards! A special thanks to Karl Weiss, Vice President of Material Handling and Underground, for joining us as our special guest for our Dozer Lighting Event held on November 14.
Be sure to post your photo on social media using the #visitcaterpillar hashtag to receive a 5 Year Commemorative T-Shirt while supplies last! Show your post at the Caterpillar Visitors Center front desk to claim your T-shirt. *Limit: One T-shirt claimed per family.
1. Meet Santa Claus – Santa will be visiting Caterpillar the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 24) following the 130th Annual Santa Claus Parade, which is the nation’s longest-running holiday parade! Be sure to get the “Dozer Express” package, which includes a soups and sweets luncheon, admission to the Caterpillar Visitors Center and access to the express Santa Claus line. Advance tickets are required – click here to buy them now before they’re gone!
It’s fun for the whole family at the Caterpillar Visitors Center this holiday season! Learn more about holiday happenings at visitcaterpillar.com.