With a history stretching back to 1932, Perkins is a world leading provider of diesel and gas engines, providing the most comprehensive range of innovative and reliable power solutions tailored to meet the precise requirements of our customers.
Perkins Engines Company Limited is a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc. and has facilities and offices in Brazil, China, India, Japan, Singapore, United Kingdom and the United States.
Backed by over 85 years of manufacturing experience, Perkins provides diesel and gas engines in the 4-2000 kW/5-2800 hp range, with the capacity to produce up to 800,000 units per year, for the following markets:
- Industrial/Construction – Perkins engines are used in telehandlers, access platforms, excavators, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, compressors or any other type of construction machine. These engines have compact designs with high power densities.
- Electric Power – Perkins electric power engines can operate in the harshest of environments and under the most challenging conditions. These engines deliver instant response and thousands of hours of dependable running.
- Agriculture - Whether it’s powering applications on farms, in forestry work or lawn and garden care. Perkins has a complete range of reliable engines, which meet different emissions standards, and provide low cost of ownership.
- Rental - Perkins engines are ideally suited for the varied demands of the rental market – from small welders, aerial work platforms and power generators through to dewatering pumps and earthmoving equipment – delivering class-leading power.
- Marine – Perkins engines power commercial vessels and pleasure crafts and provide supplemental power for on-board electricity generation. They offer the reliable power, durability and low noise and emissions that marine customers require.
As a leading manufacturer of industrial engines, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and end-users value Perkins trusted reliability and tailored technology powered solutions. Perkins collaborates with its customers to tailor engines precisely to meet customers’ requirements.
Perkins global product support network, comprised of 3,500 distribution parts and service centers, ensures all its engines are kept running wherever they are used around the world.