More than 700 families in need were provided with food for two weeks, at a food “mega distribution” event hosted by Caterpillar Seguin recently. The local New Braunfels Food Bank event is part of a series of events across our local communities to help get more people access to food support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“In these kinds of times, there’s a lot more need than what there normally is, and not everybody can get to the food bank,” said Mark Stratton, general manager, IPSD Large Engines on the food bank event. “The food banks are being really proactive and trying to get out into the local communities and provide the support they can to the families in need where they live.
We’re All in This Together
One person or one organization can’t make an event like this happen. This food distribution event was a team effort, planned and executed by people who are passionate to help others. Some of those that helped plan and run this event include:
- New Braunfels Food Bank – planning and leading the event, and of course providing the food
- Caterpillar Seguin – hosting the event, providing 30+ volunteers, helping coordinate logistics
- National Guard – assisting the food bank in this and other similar events
- Guadalupe Regional Medical – providing personnel for volunteer temperature checks
- Community members – volunteers exceeded 100, from the above organizations and many individuals in the community who just love to give back
“We’re proud to be part of the Seguin community, and it’s important for us as a company and for our employees to contribute to the communities where we live and work,” said Mark.
“We’ve always been impressed by the way our employees – before and during this pandemic – are eager to find ways to give back in our community.”
This inspiring and impactful story out of Seguin, Texas is one of many that have come forth as the world responds to COVID-19. The only thing greater than the caliber of our products is that of our people. If you’re ready to do the work that matters, search and apply today.