• Click the “Search for Jobs” tab on our careers site to access the job board.
• Search keywords, Job ID numbers and/or your location to simplify results.
• Browse job descriptions/qualifications.
• Create a job alert for job postings that match your searches.
• Save jobs as favorites to share via email, LinkedIn or Facebook.
• Click “Create a new Profile” and follow the steps.
• Create a user name you can remember.
• Your password must be at least 12 characters, use both upper and lower case letters, have at least one number and one special character (e.g. %, $, #).
• Save your information! Write it down!
• Click “Forgot Password” and follow the steps to reset your password if you have a previous account.
• Read/accept our Privacy Agreement.
• Accurately enter your personal information.
• Upload a cover letter and/or resume.
• Ethnic identity and disability questionnaires are optional
• Review and Submit
• Recruiters review submitted resumes
• Qualified applicants will be reviewed for interview consideration.
• If chosen, we’ll reach out first for a phone or video screen to confirm eligibility and talk about the role.
• The review process concludes with interview selections.
• If chosen, you will be contacted for an interview.
• The review process generally takes 2-6 weeks, depending on the position.
• Number of interviews vary for positions
• Interviews could be virtual or on-site
• Panel style interviews ask behavioral based questions.
• We use the STAR method at Caterpillar
• Respond to behavior-based interview questions by going through the STAR:
• You will be informed if the position has been filled via phone (for those interviewed) or email (for those not interviewed).
• Once the interview process is complete, an offer will be extended.
• If accepted, the candidate will be sent an offer document with more information.
• Offers are contingent upon medical/background checks