These pillars describe who you will work with, who you will work for, and the type of work you will do in a career at Caterpillar. As a Caterpillar old-timer once said, "The road to progress begins with a road, period." So, as Caterpillar makes progress possible around the world through its powerful machine and engine products and solutions, you can say "My Road to Progress" begins with a career at Caterpillar.
A GLOBAL LEADER: Caterpillar is a global leader with global resources to support your career.
- A true global leader: Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 50 company and one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. We are among Interbrand's Top 100 Global Brands and recognized as one of Barron's World's Most Respected Companies. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry. We work in industries that provide long-term economic value: commodities (mining, oil and gas); infrastructure (heavy construction, rail, paving, quarry and aggregate); and building construction (residential, commercial, standby power, industrial engines and forestry).
- A dynamic and flexible career: Global exposure and opportunities, deep employee and leadership development resources, and compelling career paths make it possible to have the flexibility and excitement of a diverse career without needing to "start over" at a new company. Even while building deep expertise in one function, our employees can experience different career opportunities by moving between our many business units, locations and product lines throughout their career.
- Potential for boundless growth: Caterpillar offers a clear strategic vision that requires the best talent to execute, providing great opportunities for growth. Our continual global growth leads to new development opportunities. The long average tenure of our employees speaks to the satisfaction with career growth.
TALENTED TEAM GROUNDED IN TIMELESS VALUES: Caterpillar employees make a talented team grounded in timeless values.
- Timeless values: Caterpillar was one of the first companies to publish a Worldwide Code of Conduct, established in 1974. At the end of an honest day's work, we focus on our people and our relationships, staying true to the values that have formed the bedrock of our company for decades. We bring integrity, accountability and courtesy to every interaction between employees, our supply chain, dealer network, and customers. We couple our pride with humility. Our values are not just posters on the walls; our employees and leaders live Teamwork, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence every day.
- Friendly and inspiring teammates: At Caterpillar, you'll find yourself surrounded by people who love what they do and want to help you succeed. Employee passion is infectious and inspiring, and our emphasis on teamwork makes work enjoyable. When new hires were asked to describe the Caterpillar culture, the most popular words provided were "teamwork," "friendly" and "integrity."
- Open, empowered, inclusive culture: Work at Caterpillar comes with great responsibility and demanding expectations, but you'll be given a lot of control and tremendous flexibility, making the hard work rewarding. We're focused on diversity and inclusion to bring the best ideas to the table. Employees may relocate globally, travel internationally, or from their desks work daily with international peers on a variety of work assignments including 6 Sigma projects and new product launches.
TRANSFORMATIONAL, TANGIBLE IMPACT: Caterpillar provides the opportunity to make a transformational, tangible impact on your community and the world.
- Purposeful and tangible innovation: Innovation at Caterpillar is applied to solving customer business challenges. We have more than10,000 engineers, scientists and technologists developing products in multiple research and development facilities around the world. The company has more than 6,000 granted patents. We have machines that can operate autonomously, equipment monitoring solutions that allow unprecedented information-sharing for product health and remote management, and diesel-powered engines with near zero N0x and PM emissions and improved fuel consumption. Caterpillar technology is powerful enough to move mountains while sophisticated enough to communicate data with satellites.
- Making progress possible: : Caterpillar plays an unmistakable role in developing countries and creating economic growth. Our customers are developing the world, and couldn't do it without our engines, equipment and assistance. Employment with us is truly an opportunity to change the world. Our work has a real impact. We have a legacy of making the world a better place. From bringing basic infrastructure like roads, airports and power to developing societies, powering space missions, widening the Panama Canal, to building the world's superhighways, we are involved in the world's most important projects. The Caterpillar Foundation makes sustainable progress possible around the world by providing program support in the areas of environmental sustainability, access to education and basic human needs.
- Business-driven sustainability: We're sustainable in a way that's not just good for the planet, it's good for business. Our products offer tangible sustainable solutions and are built for a second life. We are the largest industrial remanufacturer in the world. On coal-mine sites, we're removing methane gas and putting it through our technology to produce power to run the coal mine. The safety record in our facilities is trending toward world-class standards and we are sharing safety best practices with dealers and customers.