Corporate Intern Program
Internship opportunities are available in Accounting, Communications, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Purchasing. Your interest, course of study and the availability of openings determine the possibilities. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy.
Perks of the program include:
- Organized social activities, such as sporting events, riverboat cruises and intern barbeques
- Teambuilding events and etiquette to enhance your business savvy
- Facility tours that show you how iron is made and machines are produced
- Networking with leadership and other professionals
- Learning more about career opportunities available at Caterpillar
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding) or 3.0/4.0 depending on functional area
- Full-time student (12 semester hours) attending a four-year university and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- If transferred from a two-year university, have completed 12 semester hours at the four-year university prior to the start of the internship
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
Corporate interns are well compensated with a competitive salary, paid holidays and three paid days off per internship session. Compensation is based on the number of semester hours that you have completed toward your undergraduate/graduate degree or PhD. Corporate interns can also take advantage of employee discounts on Caterpillar merchandise, cell phone service, computers and more.
Keeping You Here
When your assignment ends, there is a good chance that your connection with Caterpillar will continue. Many of our interns get infused with yellow blood and join Team Caterpillar either directly or by joining one of our developmental programs. You could also join us for another internship to learn even more about Caterpillar. Get to know us and choose the path that is right for you.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should check with their university career services or placement office about Caterpillar recruiting opportunities. To view a list of openings or to apply, submit your online application and resume through caterpillar.com/careers.